Friday, December 4, 2020

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTED BOOK REVIEWS FOR CCR


Through 2019 I as book review editor for the Comparative Civilizations Review would bring publishers’ review copies to the annual meetings and distribute them to attendees who volunteered to review them. 

The obstacles to in-person conferences presented by the pandemic, plus an increased reluctance of book publishers to provide review copies, make a change in the CCR book-reviewing process imperative.

I expect that we are all booklovers, perhaps all the more now, each with an idea of what books, new or old, are CCR-relevant and worth reviewing.  

Please tell me which books in your library or on your to-buy list you would like to review for CCR; or just send reviews!

If I get a deluge of reviews, or a drought, I may reach out to this list once again. I hope for a reasonable balance, but better a glut than a famine!  

Please email your reviews or proposals (as MS Word documents) to me at 

dow@ucla.edu

David Wilkinson
Book Review Editor
Comparative Civilizations Review

No comments:

Post a Comment